As we have slowly begun opening up we have continued to draw closer to God and one another in new in-person ways and online.
A Word from Ernie
I don’t recall a time in my life of such uncertainty. Sure, I pondered over college, career, and what it was I thought God might be leading me to contemplate, but don’t remember a time of such ambiguity.
Perhaps you feel the same way. It is hard to make plans when there is so much doubt as to what might or might not happen. I say all of that to say that we continue to meet and talk about what is best for all of us as we move forward in what appears to be a very unstable time. Let’s continue to seek God and His direction.
Current Phase – Worship Only
- In-person Sunday worship.
- Drive-In Wednesday prayer meeting.
- Safety measures: wearing masks, hand sanitizer and washing hands, and maintaining at least 6 feet distance between family units.
- We will continue to offer online options for those who can’t join us in person.
- We are tentatively looking at September 13 as a date for reopening in-person Sunday School with precautions to guard against COVID-19.
- In order for this to happen, we need to see a decline in the number of cases for at least 2 weeks.
The Shepherds are continuing to meet weekly as they lead and work alongside other ministry leaders.
During this unprecedented time, Haven has continued to minister to our congregation and community.
The Congregational Care Team has been busy sending cards and checking in by phone calls. While they have not been able to make their regular visits, they are doing a wonderful job keeping up with those who cannot get out. Pastor Ernie has been able to assist some local families who have needed help with rent and utility bills through our benevolence fund.
If you find yourself in need of some support, whether spiritually or physically, please reach out to the church office. We are here to minister to you during this difficult time.